Last fall when I decided to start a kit club, I knew I would be tweeking the content and format as needed. To grow and improve, one must be willing to change….and I am doing that as we move into the next Trimester.
First change? The name. I am going back to my roots and the kit club name will change to The Paper Trail Kit Club. Following the Paper Trail was my Blog and Youtube name when I started working with paper nearly 6 years ago. The name has history and meaning to me so I am moving forward with this old new name.
In terms of the set up of the club, many things will stay the same, some will change and all should improve. I looked at a bunch of different, classic kit clubs for inspiration. I know I wanted to move to be more of a classic kit club instead of a project specific set up. Here’s the basic format:
Base Kit ($69.00) – The base kit will have materials to make a an album of your choosing. You will be able to choose the album you wish to make…even your own!! The basic kit will contain the following:
- (16) 12 x 12 patterned papers. These will be a mixture of manufacturers
- 6 x 6 paper pad
- 12 x 12 cardstock (6 sheets)
- Flowers and embellishments ( 3 packs total)
- Ribbon, cord, fibers
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock for pages , mattes, and tags.
- Chipboard for album covers
In addition to the main kit, there will be several optional add on kits. These add on kits will be available for order by club members approximately 2 to 3 weeks prior to kit release. You will be able to pick and choose which add-on’s you wish, take them all or none at all.
Paper Add on ($24 to $29) – This will include additional patterned paper and card stock.
Embellishment Add on ($18 to $25) – Additional embellishments to enhance the theme of the kit. This could include,
Mixed Media Add on ($25 – $35) – Sprays, mediums, embossing powder, inks, etc.
Stamp and die Add on ($25 to $35)- Stamps, dies, stencils, inks, embossing folders, etc.
- The kit releases will still be 3 releases in a 4 month trimester.
- Kits will be available as Prepaid (Pay for all 3 releases and postage up front) or as a subscription (you will be billed the first week of each month). Add ons will be purchased separately prior to the kit release.
- A limited number of ala Carte kits will be available.
- All kit club members will have the opportunity to purchase any or all of the add on’s. The add on’s will ship with the Base Kits.
- In addition to the kit club, I will be releasing a line of fast and simple album patterns monthly, perfect for using up your stash. The patterns will have info to make the albums in at least 2 sizes. These will be separate from the kit club, but the kit club kits can be used for these Simple Favorites album patterns. Those who choose to pre-pay for their kits will receive the Simple Favorites tutorials for FREE!
Kit club signups will begin on December 1 at 10 am and will close by the end of December (sooner if it fills to capacity). Don’t delay if you are interested as I have to limit the number of slots available.