We will be kicking off the Shabby Drawers Tag Swap today on my regular Ustream show at Noon Pacific Time. Signup’s will be on my website. The sign up is up and under “Kits” and is now working after the initial hiccups.
Shabby Drawers Tag Swap
Description: 4” x 6” Embellished Tag Swap.
Shabby Chic: softer colors, white, kraft, washed out look
French Country: richer tones, cream, gold, heavier textures
Grungy: deep neutrals, darker values, masculine
Quantity: 9 (Keep 1, send 8)
Products: Create tags from 65 LB (or similar weight) cardstock Your choice of embellishments within the theme of the swap group. Anything goes….stamps, charms, ribbon, lace, etc. Please make sure your embellishments are not more than ½” in combined thickness.
Sign-up date: Sign-up begins March 21, ends March 26.
Sign up at www.followthepapertrailwithlaura.com
Please note in the comment section what style of tag group you would like to join: Shabby Chic, French Country, Grungy
Groups will be assigned by March 28. You may sign up for as many groups as you can comfortably fulfill your commitment. DO NOT over commit yourself!
Tags DUE to Laura: Please allow sufficient shipping time for your tags to reach Laura by April 20 (Address will be sent after sign up)
Return Date: Estimated ship date for tags to be returned is April 23-25
Packing for shipment:
Place swap items in a plastic bag for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, email address, and Ustream or Ning name on a piece of paper and include in the baggie for identification purposes.
You will be paying for Priority Mail return postage at the time of sign-up. Postage includes Delivery Confirmation for all Domestic shipments. Unfortunately, tracking can not be added to International shipments.
Domestic Shipping (Incl. Delivery Confirmation): $7.00
Canadian Shipping: $14.00
International shipping: $18.00
All tags will be shipped back via USPS Priority Mail (including Canadian and Int’l)
General Swap Rules
• ANYONE may participate. We want beginners, advanced, and everyone in between to participate. YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!
• Follow the Golden Rule. “Do unto others as they would do unto you.” Do your best work – NO MATTER what your skill level is!
• Please follow all of the above deadlines and plan accordingly. Life can happen, we all understand that, the key is communication. If for ANY REASON, you can no longer participate, please let me know. I have back-up people ready to make additional tags for those who can’t participate. JUST LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN”T PARTICIPATE. You don’t have to give a reason or excuse….you only need to communicate. If you fail to communicate that you are not participating, you will not be allowed to participate in future swaps. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• You may sign up for as many groups as you want. Please note in the comment section, when you sign up, the theme groups in which you wish to participate.(Shabby Chic, French Country, Grungy) Each group will be shipped separately, I won’t be combining multiple groups for shipping to avoid confusion. Make sure to commit to only as many as you are confident that you can complete. Don’t over-commit in excitement.
• Please use quality materials on your tags, the kind of product that you would be happy to receive and you are proud to send. This doesn’t mean expensive, just good quality. You may embellish that tags as you chose, keeping the theme of the group in mind.
• Don’t be afraid to think outside the box, just keep the tags no larger than 4” x 6” and no smaller than 3 ¾” x 5 ¾”. The tags can be oriented either vertically or horizontally. (Remember, the Shabby Drawers project stores them vertically) Please keep the combined depth of the tag and embellishments to no more than ½” and the overall size of embellishments (excluding ribbon) to 4 ¼” x 6 ¼”.
• Please sign your tags in some fashion. Be proud of what you do!
• HAVE FUN!